- 5 large orange carrots (or the equivalent)
- 2 T local sunflower or other neutral oil
- 1 T Ras el Hanout (moroccan spice blend)
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1 cup of fresh apple cider
- Find a pan you can use on the stove and in the oven. This could be a wide, deep saute pan, or a dutch oven.
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Scrub (peel if you wish) the carrots, cut them into cubes, toss them in the oil, salt and spice mix and place them in your pan of choice.
- Roast them for 20 minutes, or until they are browning on the corners and fragrant.
- Put the pan on the stove, add the cider and cook the carrots in the cider until they are very soft and the cider is reduced by 2/3
- Remove the carrots and blend or puree in food processor, adding liquid back as needed to make a chunky dip.